Academic Success Services
Academic success services on campus promote and support the academic environment of UWSP at Marshfield, providing confidential student-centered instruction in writing, math and other core content areas to currently enrolled students. The professional and student tutors work side-by-side with students, empowering them to excel in their educational endeavors. Learn more about services and resources available to you.
- The Success Center provides free in-person drop-in and by-appointment tutoring for math, science, and English.
- Tutor.com is a free online service that all UWSP at Marshfield students have access to. Students can get a tutor 24/7 in more than 40 subjects, including math, science, and English.
- Instructor Office Hours are perfect times to ask questions and get clarification on class content and assignments.
- The Online Writing Lab (OWL) is housed in the Student Resources section of the UW Colleges website and is available, for free, to all students at UWSP at Marshfield.
Our library catalog can be accessed from any computer with internet capability and provides an instant link to the holdings of our library as well as the libraries of the other 13 UW Colleges campuses and the 13 four-year universities. Please visit the library where our staff are happy to help you navigate research resources.
Academic advising is a very important part of your college experience. UW-Marshfield/Wood County advisors are available to assist you in developing educational plans that are compatible with your life goals. The ultimate responsibility for making decisions about your educational plans rests directly with you, but your academic advisor is here to help!
Visit the UW Colleges Catalog for official and archived information about admission, registration, financial aid, academic regulations, course descriptions and more. Your campus is part of the UW Colleges network.
The UW Colleges Copyright Policy (UWCAP #53) complies with UW System guidelines for respecting copyright and fair use. As established by Title 17 of the U.S. Code, copyright provides the creators of original works of authorship with a limited set of exclusive rights to copy, distribute, and perform their works. The UW Colleges Appropriate Use Policy may also be consulted. Please visit the Copyright section of the UW Colleges website for complete information.
Housed on the UW Colleges website, the Online GPA Calculator was created by Carl Adler and modified with permission.
Use the online GPA calculator to:
- Estimate current semester GPA
- Find out how this semester's grades affect you cumulative GPA
- Find out how the grades you anticipate recieving in your current courses will affect your overall GPA
- Determine what it will take and how many credit hours you will need to raise your GPA to a new specified level
- Determine what grade average you need to achieve this term to raise your cumulative GPA to a new specified level
Students can find textbooks, course materials, school supplies, apparel and more online at the UW-Marshfield/Wood County bookstore. Visit the store’s website to learn more!
Please see the Policies section in the Catalog for information about academic policies including class attendance, grade appeals, and academic integrity and misconduct.