Laptop computers may be checked out to current UW-Marshfield/Wood County students, faculty and staff only, and they must be in good standing (no blocks on their record). Because of the value of the laptops, for patrons' own protection they must:
- Present a UW-Colleges ID.
- Sign and submit a Laptop Computer User Agreement that acknowledges responsibility for the laptop.
- Inspect their laptops for any obvious physical damage and for the presence of all accessories at the time of checkout.
- First-come, first-served basis; one laptop per patron.
- 3-day loan period, with the time due being 10 AM the 4th day. Fines will start occurring after 10 AM.
- Overdue fines are $5.00 per day.
- Borrowers will pay the full cost for any hardware or software damage or loss up to $1,000.00 plus criminal charges, if deemed necessary.
- Noncompliance with any laptop computer checkout policy or procedure will result in laptop services being denied to the person for the semester.