This session covers how to identify the parts of a citation and how to format bibliographic citations. It also covers when and how to cite within the text of a paper. This works well in the classroom, unless the emphasis is on bibliographic management tools, which require a computer lab.
- Why cite?
- The elements of a citation
- In-text citing
- When to cite
- How to cite in the text of a paper
- Common knowledge--what qualifies?
- Bibliographic styles
- American Chemical Society (A.C.S.)
- American Psychological Society (A.P.A.)
- Modern Language Association (M.L.A.)
- Bibliographic management software
See Citing Sources for Academic Success Library Guide Created by UW-Manitowoc