Borrowing from Another UW System Campus

If UW-Marshfield/Wood County does not own a DVD or video that you want, or if it is checked out, then you might want to borrow the title from another library. Here's how to do that.

You'll need to sign into Search@UW before you can order anything.

1.   Go to the upper left corner of the screen and select Sign in.

2.   Choose “UW Colleges students/staff login here” and log in using your PRISM username and password.

3.   After logging in, search the catalog for the title you want.

Banner with search box. Searching for Food, INC.

4.   If you want to filter out articles from journal databases, use the drop-down menu to narrow your search to the UW Colleges or to the UW System. Because we limited to the UW Colleges in the search and used quotations, our search retrieved just three results. A quick look shows that the first item is the correct film. The other two items are books.

5.   Click on the locations tab to see all of the campuses that have this item. If you look at the tab, you'll see that the UW-Marshfield/Wood County’s copy is grayed out, showing that it is no longer available. There is a green light next to the Manitowoc record.

Locations tab showing choices

6.   Select the "Find & Request" tab and use the drop down menu options to select the copy you want and the location where it should be sent (Marshfield). Since you have already signed in, you are ready to select the "Call Slip" button to order it.

Find and request result

7.   Click “Submit Request.” You will get a message showing that your request was successfully sent. You will be sent an email confirming your request and the item should arrive in 3-5 days.