For Students

Accessibility Services

UW-Marshfield/Wood County strives to meet the needs of all our students. Direct questions about accessibility services to the Office of Student Affairs. Visit the accessibility services page on the UW Colleges administrative website to learn more about accessibility services and policies that apply to all UW Colleges campuses.

Health & Wellness

The University provides a range of services to support student health and wellness including alcohol and drug educationand counseling services. Students who aren't already covered through a family member's policy are encourged to sign up for health insurance.

Ebola Information

Although the Ebola virus poses no immediate threat to the general United States population, it is important to be aware of any changes in your health if you have recently traveled to one of the countries where the Ebola outbreak is occurring (currently Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and the Republic of the Congo) and to seek immediate medical care.  For further information please check the UW Colleges and UW-Extension Health Information page.

The Success Center

The Success Center promotes and supports the academic environment of UW-Marshfield/Wood County, providing confidential student-centered instruction in writing, math and other core content areas to currently enrolled students. The professional and student tutors work side-by-side with students, empowering them to excel in their educational endeavors.

Returning Adult Students

UW-Marshfield/Wood County welcomes adult students. At UW-Marshfield/Wood County, we've helped lots of adults achieve their goals and dreams. Whether you seek a new or enhanced career, want to take a course for intellectual enrichment or something in-between, you can do it and we can help.

Student Affairs Office

The Office of Student Affairs provides comprehensive assistance to prospective and current students in the areas of admission, financial aid, advising, orientation, placement testing, disability services, tutoring services and student activities.

Advisors are available to help students learn about, degree options, majors, academic requirements, and the process of transferring. Help is also available in assessing career goals, planning a return to school, adjusting to academic life, or other areas of concern relevant to beginning or returning to college.

Request transcripts online.

Student Handbook & Policies

As a UW-Marshfield/Wood County student, you have certain rights and responsibilities respecting your relationship with your fellow students and the University. The rules, regulations and policies you will find in this booklet are intended to foster an environment of mutual respect for you and your fellow students and to enhance the educational environment of your campus. Here you will find information about federal and state laws, UW System and UW Colleges regulations, policies and procedures that pertain to you and your life on campus.

Student Handbook

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

Please see the Policies section in the UW Colleges Catalog for information about academic policies.

Voting Guide

Note: On Oct. 9, the U.S. Supreme Court blocked the Wisconsin’s voter ID law from being enforced in the November 4, 2014 election. A photo ID will not be required at the polls.  This means that Wisconsin voters, including UW students, do NOT need to present photo identification to vote in the November 4, 2014, election.

Voting is both a right and a responsibility for an engaged citizen. UW-campus name encourages everyone to exercise the right to vote.

Find out now.
Visit the University of Wisconsin student vote page or the Government Accountability Board student vote page.

  • To answer the most frequently asked questions about registration, voter ID, residency and other requirements, please go to the University of Wisconsin System Voting Guide website.
  • For the most up-do-date and comprehensive information about voting in Wisconsin, visit the Government Accountability Board’s website.
  • To register or to determine where to vote in Wood County, please contact Cynthia Cepress at (715) 421-8460.
  • For information on obtaining an enrollment verification letter, please contact Student Affairs.