The Visual Arts Series, an ongoing program of the Art Department since 1986, brings recognized artists to the campus for exhibitions in the Fine Arts Gallery (Gallery 450), public lectures, demonstrations and workshops. These visiting artists offer our students and the community insights into new ideas in contemporary art.
Gallery 450 is located in the lobby of the Helen Connor Laird Fine Arts Building.
- Monday-Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- During most Arts at the UW performances.
2016-17 Exhibit Schedule
Wind, Waves and Metaphor
September 6 – October 20: Exhibition of Drawings/Mixed Media work
Exhibtion of Paintings
October 31 – December 16: Kristie Cecil
January 23 – March 23: Jessica Drummond, Shawn Ganther, Dixie Langreck, Kathryn Petke and Carmen Schweiger
UW Marshfield Student Art Exhibition
April 10 – May 17
- View photos of past exhibits and events
- Video: 2012 Student Artwork
- Video: Printmaking
- Video: Annual Student Artwork Exhibit
- Small town landscapes focus of art exhibit
- Video: "The Root of All: Engaging the Unknown"
Gallery 450 also features works from UW-M/WC students who participate in Professor and UW College Art Department Chair Kitty Kingston's classes.
For more information about getting involved in Gallery 450's exhibits and events contact Gallery Director Sue Wendlandt.