The Visual Arts Series, an ongoing program of the Art Department since 1986, brings recognized artists to the campus for exhibitions in the Fine Arts Gallery (Gallery 450), public lectures, demonstrations and workshops. These visiting artists offer our students and the community insights into new ideas in contemporary art.
Gallery 450 is located in the lobby of the Helen Connor Laird Fine Arts Building. It's hours are Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and during most Arts at the UW performances.
- September 1 – October 22 Exhibition of Paintings/Prints/Mixed Media work
featuring Lisa Wicka, M.F.A Purdue University, painting, printmaking & drawing, BFA computer animation University of Central Florida.
- November 9 – December 20 Exhibition of Photography
featuring Dixie Langreck, Master’s Degree, BFA UW Stevens Point, photography
- February 1 – March 18 Exhibition of Prints
featuring Cathy Jean Clark, MFA degree printmaking UW Milwaukee, BFA degree UW Eau Claire
- April 11 – May 15 UW-Marshfield/Wood County Student Art Exhibition
- View photos of past exhibits and events
- Video: 2012 Student Artwork
- Video: Printmaking
- Video: Annual Student Artwork Exhibit
- Small town landscapes focus of art exhibit
- Video: "The Root of All: Engaging the Unknown"
Gallery 450 also features works from UW-M/WC students who participate in Professor and UW College Art Department Chair Kitty Kingston's classes.
For more information about getting involved in Gallery 450's exhibits and events contact Gallery Director Sue Wendlandt.