UW Colleges is the best start to a college degree and unlimited career opportunities.
UW-Marshfield/Wood County specializes in the first two years of a University of Wisconsin education that is accessible and affordable. We combine the advantages of a small college with the resources of the world-class University of Wisconsin System. After starting with us, you can transfer to any University of Wisconsin four-year campus or other university to complete your bachelor’s degree.
Why Choose UW-Marshfield/Wood County?
- UW-Marshfield/Wood County provides an excellent language and academic program with caring professors and advisers.
- Our campus has a lot of opportunities to get involved including student senate, clubs, sports teams and volunteering.
- We have brand new housing facilities that are fully furnished.
- UW-Marshfield/Wood County is located in a beautiful, large community with many opportunities to interact with local people.
At UW-Marshfield/Wood County, you can pursue virtually any major and feel satisfied with the quality of courses offered. In addition, UW-Marshfield/Wood County provides special programs for some majors such as the health sciences, pre-medicine or nursing. We offer all of the prerequisite courses and have partnerships with larger universities in order for you to complete your degree. We also specialize in art, theatre, communication and journalism, engineering and computer science.
Intensive English Program
If you need to work on your English before entering into academic classes, UW-Marshfield/Wood County offers an Intensive English Program geared towards easing you into more difficult academic courses. Our instructors will help you improve your reading, writing and presentation skills and help you practice your grammar. In addition to English courses, we offer a special one-credit course that will help introduce you to American university culture and teach you how to be a successful student.
Support During Your Time Abroad
If you find yourself struggling with homework or living abroad, we have many services that are helpful. We have English tutors who are trained to work with international students, as well as tutors for math and other subjects. Finally, the international student adviser on campus will help you with everything from getting your driver’s license to solving roommate issues.
About The International Program
Our program offers you the opportunity to earn an Arts and Science Associates Degree and complete the foundation courses for your bachelor’s degree in any major.
The International Program at our campus provides international students several advantages including:
- Unique Guaranteed Transfer Program ensures admission to the University of Wisconsin four-year campus of your choice, including the University of Wisconsin-Madison. You can start more than 200 majors and specialties. Our campus offers the courses you need to complete the first two years of your requirement towards a bachelor's degree.
- Earn an associate degree before earning your bachelor’s degree.
- University of Wisconsin Colleges campuses are located in smaller communities that are safe and friendly, so you can enjoy an authentic American experience and get to know American students.
- Small classes, so you receive one-on-one help.
- Personal attention from highly-qualified professors (85% have highest degree in their field).
- Assistance from an international student advisor to guide you through your American educational experience.
- Comprehensive orientation to help you adjust to life on your new campus.
- Strong university curriculum provides the foundation for more than 200 majors including engineering, business, finance, education and many more.
- Starting your University of Wisconsin education at the University of Wisconsin Colleges can save thousands of dollars compared to starting at the University of Wisconsin-Madison or another University of Wisconsin campus.
Hyeonju Do, South Korea
“Marshfield is a small town but people here are kind and friendly. Marshfield has nice environment to study in and also has a natural environment: a walking trail, tennis court and soccer field. As an international student, UW-Marshfield is one of the best schools for learning English and earning your Associates degree. UW-Marshfield professors offer high quality lectures and they try to help students a lot. Our school supplies equal chances to American and international students so we can participate as campus ambassadors and in student government. As an Ambassador, I help new students, promote our school and help school keep good relationships with people who donate money for our school. For example, I was on a panel for new students and I answered their questions and gave them some tips. It is great that the campus is small, because then students can get close to professors and American students. I'm also a member in international club. We get a lot of opportunities to understand different cultures and to experience new things like visiting an apple orchard, going to a waterpark and taking other field trips. I really like Marshfield and I never regret choosing this college as a first step for learning English and beginning my nursing degree.“